Why join the PhD program at the School of HRM?
Impactful. The PhD program in the Human Resource Management at the School of HRM is designed to prepare future academics who wish to conduct impactful research and teach at major research-oriented institutions. Our students are exposed to major theories, research methods, and work-related and organizational literature.
Engaging. You will study in a vibrant and intellectually stimulating environment designed for those wishing to develop the skills necessary for a successful academic career.
Customized. As a PhD student you will work closely with faculty who share your research interests, are working on similar areas of research, or can provide a new perspective. Our diverse faculty members in HRM are well known for their research and scholarly insights on a wide range of topics.
Life in the PhD program:
- Study in small classes (seminars) and form close working relationships with other students and faculty
- Engage in rigorous scholarly training to develop high-quality research skills
- Experience leading-edge research training
- Participate at academic conferences that provide opportunities for doctoral students to share ideas and to network
- Receive the academic guidance necessary to successfully complete the program in a timely manner.
Your academic future begins here…
The SHRM PhD program is designed to provide our graduates with the necessary training to become successful researchers and educators at any major educational institution around the world.
Our program is designed to provide students with first-hand experience in:
- Co-authoring with SHRM faculty
- Designing and conducting independent research studies
- Producing and publishing independent research
- Presenting at academic conferences & developing networks of professional relationships
- Teaching our diverse and vibrant student body
In an increasingly complex global economy, our PhD graduates are ideally equipped to think through the challenges of people management and contemporary business. Our PhD graduates are an extremely diverse group of scholars from many cultures and backgrounds, and are sought after by universities, government, and industry worldwide. 86% of our graduates in the last 3 years obtained reputable tenure track academic positions in Canada, the United States, and Europe.